When we are ungrounded, we can feel confused, stressed and unable to think clearly, which can cause us to lose our direction or feel unmotivated. Here are 5 crystals for grounding to help you feel more balanced and able to focus:
- Hematite is one of the most powerful grounding stones, especially if you are feeling confused or lacking concentration. It’s especially useful for meditation or shamanic journeying as it protects the soul and grounds it back in the body.
- Obsidian has a stabilising, grounding effect that can help you to feel strengthened and anchored to the earth. Holding a piece in each hand will allow you to rebalance and gain focus.
- Smoky quartz strengthens the base chakra, allowing you to feel grounded in the earth. It removes heavy negative energies from the body and is especially useful for improving concentration and organisation.
- Tigers eye can help you to feel calm and centered in stressful situations. It increases energy and strength, allowing you to take practical action towards achieving goals.
- Jasper has a strong connection with the base chakra and energy of the earth. It reinvigorates the body and increases life force and physical strength.
Here are some other ways you can try to stay grounded and balanced:
- Walking on the ground with bare feet allows electrons from the earth to travel into the body, creating a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory effect. Just 10 – 20 minutes a day can leave you feeling reenergised and rebalanced.
- In Chinese medicine the Kidney 1 meridian points on the soles of the feet are responsible for connecting us with the earth. Rubbing these points or visualising the energy of the earth flowing up through this point and in to the meridians has a very grounding effect.
- A healthy base chakra connects you with the earth to give you a foundation to build your life on, allowing you to feel balanced, secure and supported. When this chakra is underactive you can feel ungrounded, disconnected and lacking stability in life. To strengthen the base chakra you can:
- Eat red foods such as strawberries, beetroot and apples.
- Work with the earth e.g. planting seeds or gardening.
- Chant the sound ‘lam’ while meditating
- Use positive affirmations that resonate with the base chakra such as ‘I am safe and secure’ I am grounded and at peace’ I have everything I need’.
- Visualise a red energy at the tailbone which is reenergising and grounding your whole body.
- Findhorn Earth Elemental Essence works on the base chakra to strengthen life force and help you to feel grounded, balanced and stable. It can also improve concentration, patience, and discipline to help you to achieve your goals and manifest abundance.