Many crystals are great for relieving stress and anxiety and can be placed in your pocket, worn as jewellery or gridded around the house to help you feel calm and relaxed.
Crystals For Stress And Anxiety
Larimar is soothing for the emotional body and can help you to release stress and tension.
Smoky Quartz can help you to leave the past behind and remove stress and tension to help you get through bad situations.
Lepidolite has a soothing, calming energy, which relieves emotional suffering. It also contains lithium, which is used as a calming medication for treating mental disorders.
Pink Kunzite has a peaceful energy which allows the mind to become clear and focused. It also helps the heart and mind to become more balanced and reduces stress
Rose Quartz has a soothing, healing effect and can help with releasing negative emotions such as stress and fear and replacing them with love.
Green Aventurine relaxes the nervous system, reduces negative thoughts and can be comforting in stressful situations.
Amethyst has a soothing uplifting effect and is calming for the mind. It can help to raise the bodies energy and to release any stress or tension.
6 Other Ways Of Relieving Stress And Anxiety
- Vibrational healing tools such as singing bowls can create balance in the body by shifting blocked energy caused by stress and returning the body to a healthy frequency.
You can place them on different areas of the body and strike the puja stick. This can clear the chakras and has a relaxing effect on the nervous system. The larger bowls can also be placed upside down over the head to clear headaches and reduce anxiety and tension.
- Having a magnesium bath can also help to reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is essential for keeping the nervous system in balance and helping cells to produce energy. Stress can cause you to lose more magnesium, which then causes you to produce more stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol which can keep you in a permanent state of imbalance.
- Essential oils such as chamomile, lavender and lemon balm can also be added to a bath for their relaxing, stress relieving properties.
- Herbal supplements such as ginseng or rhodiola are adaptogens, which means that they can help the body to cope with physical and mental stress.
Adaptogens balance the stress response system – the HPA axis (hypothalamus, pituitary gland and adrenal glands) by increasing levels of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol and neurotransmitters when you feel tired or reducing them when you feel stressed and need to relax.
- Holding the ESR points is one of the most common techniques in kinesiology for defusing stress and anxiety. This involves lightly touching the bumps on the forehead above the eyes while thinking about the cause of the stress. This moves blood from the amygdala in the back of the brain which is responsible for the fight or flight reaction, to the prefrontal cortex in the front of the brain, which can calm you down and allow you to think more logically.
- Findhorn Calm Me Down Mist works on a vibrational level to help you to feel mentally and emotionally balanced in stressful situations. It can also help you to stay calm and focused in times of extreme stress and trauma.