A crystal bath with herbs is a great way of relieving stress, detoxing and rejuvenating the skin.
- Cleanse your bathroom with white sage to cleanse and purify your space and clear away any stagnant energy.
- Make a rose quartz infused face mask by placing a rose quartz tumblestone in some water and leaving for a few hours to allow the water to absorb the healing effects of the crystal. It can then be mixed with some clay to create an anti ageing crystal face mask.
- Light a candle to create a warm, soothing atmosphere.
- Add your herb and flower mix to the bath. To prepare the herbs, you can put the dried petals and flowers into a drawstring bag and place in the bath. If you don’t have any bags, you can prepare the mixture in a teapot first and then pour into the bath.
The following herbs are perfect for adding to your mix depending on the effects that you are looking for:
- Rosemary has a powerful energising, purifying energy and is perfect for clearing your mind. It also improves blood flow and circulation, making it perfect for relieving headaches.
- Chamomile is relaxing and soothing for the nerves and skin. Perfect for using after a stressful day or before you go to bed to get a good nights sleep.
- Lavender has a cleansing, relaxing effect and relieves headaches and tension. It also has a healing, rejuvenating effect on the skin and can soothe burns and insect bites.
- Calendula has a soothing, healing effect and can help with releasing stress. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can repair skin, especially from the effects of sunburn. It also has powerful anti ageing effects and improves blood flow to the skin to reduce wrinkles.
- Rose has a moisturising, toning and refreshing effect on the skin. It can also soothe the heart and relieve anxiety.
- Lemon Balm relaxes and soothes the nerves, boosts the immune system and promotes sleep.
- Basil has a refreshing, energising effect and can relax the mind. Its also an anti-inflammatory and adaptogen and is good for muscle pain.
- Peppermint has a refreshing, energising effect and is perfect for clearing you mind. It also has anti inflammatory properties and can soothe muscle pain.
- Charge the crystals with your intentions and add to the bath so that the water can absorb the healing effects of the crystal. Some crystals are toxic when placed in water such as malachite or sunstone and some crystals dissolve in water so its important to check that they are safe first.
- Add some Himilayan salts to draw toxins from the skin and relax your muscles. Himilayan salt also balances PH levels in the body and reduces inflammation.
- You can also add water that has been charged by a singing bowl for a more powerful healing effect.
- Burn some essential oils such as lavender or rose for a relaxing, soothing atmosphere.
Here are some herbal/ crystal combinations you can try:
Peppermint, Rosemary, Basil
Calendula, Lavender, Chamomile, Lemon Balm