You will always get a reflection in life of who you are being. Success depends on the little things that you do each day rather than a few big decisions as everything that you do regularly, builds momentum over time and becomes part of who you are.
Its important to take on successful habits as eventually your habits become part of your self image. If you want to have better health or have a successful business, you have to see it as part of your identity as we always stay consistent with who we think we are.
The first step to creating good habits is to be aware of where you want to be and where you are now in relation to that. Maybe there are habits that you have which are keeping you stuck where you are, such as watching too much TV, limiting beliefs about yourself or eating too much junk food. Your environment could also be holding you back, especially if it is cluttered or if you are around people who will reinforce your old behaviours.
Maxwell Maltz writes in his book Psycho-Cybernetics that instead of forcing yourself to change bad habits, its easier to visualise a clear image of the way that you want to be and see yourself as that person eg see yourself as someone that eats healthily and make that part of your self image and you will automatically stop eating junk food.
What are the little things that you could do every day that could get you where you want to be?
You could make a list of habits that you want to take up, they don’t have to be big things, you could just start with something small that will generally improve your life, such as listening to music in the morning that will put you in a good mood for the rest of the day, meditating before you go to sleep or taking exercise before work every morning.
Once you have made your list its better to focus on one thing at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed and feel as though you have failed if you can’t stick to them all. Once you have managed to stick to 1 habit, you will start to see yourself as someone who has willpower and it will be easier to build on that.
If there’s a side job that you want to make your full time job, this should be your priority, even if its just for a short time each day as this will put you in the vibration of it and it will start to become part of who you are. Even if you think you don’t have the motivation or inspiration to do anything just try and do something even something small such as writing 1 word and then you might find that the rest starts to flow naturally. Consistency (it takes 21 days to form a new habit) and focusing on the long term is important as if you just stop and start things you wont build up enough momentum. It won’t become part of who you are and you won’t see much change.
Here are 6 crystals for building successful habits, they can be carried in your pocket or made in to a grid to amplify the energies and make your intentions even more powerful.
- Topaz is a stone of abundance and allows you to tap in to hidden abilities to achieve goals. A useful stone for manifesting, topaz can allow you to get clear about your intentions and increase the effect of affirmations and visualisations.
- Green aventurine is a stone of luck and can open you up to new opportunities and possibilities. If you run in to any challenges or difficult situations, green aventurine can help you to turn it around in to something more positive. It can also give you the patience and determination needed to complete your goal.
- Citrine is perfect for manifesting wealth, success and abundance. If you are unsure of which direction to take, citrine can help you to find the right path for yourself. It also has a powerful positive energy and can give you the optimism and self confidence that you need to achieve your goals.
- If you are having problems with concentration or staying focused, tigers eye can clear your mind, allow you to think logically and help you to set a clear intention. Its grounding, energising properties can motivate you to take action towards your goals and allow manifestations to take form.
- Rhodonite can help you to make plans and realise the best way of getting where you want to be. Its nurturing, supportive energy can attract the right people and situations into your life and help you to realise your full potential.
- Vanadinite balances the mind with the 3 lower chakras providing extra energy and motivation to complete tasks and achieve goals. It also helps with organisation, seeing plans clearly and turning dreams in to reality. If you have been overworking or trying to do too much, vanadinite can help you to recover and give you extra endurance.
If you found this post useful, please share using the icons below.